Sunday 12 August 2018

Special Occasion for Special People

We popped up to Perth overnight to see some special people and help them celebrate a huge milestone - 60th wedding anniversary!  Congratulations Mum and Dad!
 We had a lovely dinner at Chez Pierre in Nedlands, yummy yummy food and great service.  Sorry for the crap photos, I couldn't remember how to make the flash work on my camera!
 When Steve was doing his half of the drive to Perth, I was working on my crocheted cardigan, it's coming along slowly.
 I finished the second oven cloth, I think they look quite nice sitting there together. 
 I used old denim as the cloth, it matches my tiles reasonably well.
 I made another joey night bag for my friend Claire.  I'm doing them one at a time to begin with until I get the size right.
 Speaking of kangaroos, here is the lovely Lucy.  She is definitely a lady of many years, she is getting some grey in her fur now.  She is adorable.
 We've had lots of rain the last few weeks, so the creek is belching out masses of water at the lower end.
 We noticed one of the very old trees alongside the creek, which had a huge overhanging branch, suddenly looking lower than we remembered it.  For a few days we made a point of not walking underneath it.  Just as well!
 This is what greeted us a few mornings later, the whole thing fell down.  It was pretty much dead and had snapped off at the base.  Steve got busy and it's now all chopped up and on the woodpile!
 Have a look at this fascinating fungi.  There is a small area in the back garden where these pop up.  They stink!  Like something has gone off.  Hence their name. Aseroe rubra, or Anemone Stinkhorn. 
 This is a sight that pleases me, this is Callistemon Little John, a mini bottlebrush that grows to about 3/4 of a metre tall.  I love the dark red flowers, and the little nectar birds are very happy to see the flowers too.
Until next time... xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely reading and looking at your photos. See you soon! Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, looking forward to catching up 😀

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful post, Congrats to your Mum and Dad! Wonderful milestone.

    ReplyDelete