Saturday 29 September 2018

Repurposing

We are caught up in Grand Final excitement today, come on WC Eagles!
 Neo, on the other hand, is uninterested in muscly, sweaty men chasing a leather ball.
 He does enjoy being warm and gooey atop his bookshelf after the fire has warmed the upper air.
 His buddy Voldemort has awoken from his hibernation and is back basking on the settee.
 Voldemort is rather hungry after his big sleep so he's been stuffing his face on banana.
 The male Splendid wrens are colouring up in readiness for the breeding season.  His girlfriend is not quite as spectacular, but cute nonetheless.
 Brows has taken to perving in the bedroom window waiting for her breakfast.
 And Lucy sits right outside the door.
 Do you remember me telling you about Rabbit (Lucy's last joey) and how she was a new mama?  Well I finally got a photo of her bub, cute.
 Rabbit is on the right, and on the left is one of the boys, his name is Pretty Boy Floyd, or Floyd for short.  He has a beautiful face.
 On the left is Pixie, Growler's joey, and on the right is Chevie, Split's joey.
 There's Split at the back and another boy, Pawlie, at the front.
 I dont know who this one is at the front, he has interesting facial markings.  Still thinking of a name.
 We decided to throw caution to the wind and support the local Albany strawberry grower.  $16 for 4 kilos of magnificent strawberries, with not a needle in sight :-)
 We've eaten them au naturale, with ice cream, with cream, made them into syrup, and I also tried dehydrating them.  I have to say we were a bit underwhelmed with the dehydrated ones but it's good to experiment.
 I have a beautiful teapot that has a broken lid so this week I decided to repurpose it, as I have another teapot anyway.  What do you think?  I potted my African Violet into it, I think it looks fabulous!
 The start of a new crochet project, I've put a couple of other projects aside that I'm not in the mood for.  This is called the I Heart Granny lap blanket, I've chosen a colourway that is totally not me, but the colours just sprang into my head.  It's for me to keep me warm when I watch tv.  It's a little challenging to do but I'm enjoying it very much.
Until next time....xx

1 comment: